ABOUT THE HOLIDAY FESTIVAL CHORUS
In December, young singers from all over the region will be performing on stage at Powell Hall in the Holiday Festival Chorus! If you are a high-school-aged singer and wish to apply to be a part of this chorus, we would love to hear from you. If you direct a high-school-aged chorus and would like to participate as a group, we would like to hear from you too! Directors, we are looking for balanced quartets, please.
The commitment is this:
- Learn the music
- Attend and participate in all rehearsals
- Attend and participate in performances. You are welcome to participate in all performances but no fewer than three concerts, please. Preference will be given to those singers who can participate in all performances.
This Holiday Festival Chorus concept is modeled on similar programs in other cities where the idea has become a highly anticipated tradition, a source of pride, and a lot of fun for the participants. We are replicating that experience and building connections with our schools, students, parents, and communities. Join us for this memorable experience!
Application deadline was October 15, 2016. Application is now closed for the 16-17 Holiday Festival Chorus.
THE DECEMBER 2016 SCHEDULE
- Music distributed by October, 2016
- Saturday, December 3, 10am-1pm. Sectional rehearsal Third Baptist Church, 620 N. Grand Blvd.
- Sunday, December 11, 6:00pm-9:00pm. Mass chorus rehearsal Powell Hall
- Wednesday, December 14 (confirmed), 3:30pm-6:00pm. Orchestra rehearsal Powell Hall
- Friday, December 16, 2:00pm Matinee performance (chorus call 1:30pm)
- Friday, December 16, 7:30pm Evening performance (chorus call 7:00pm)
- Saturday, December 17, 2:00pm Matinee performance (chorus call 1:30pm)
- Saturday, December 17, 7:30pm Evening performance (chorus call 7:00pm)
- Sunday, December 18, 2:00pm Matinee performance (chorus call 1:30pm)